Sharing information on reference materials and reference methods in haematology06/26/2018
Representatives from the JCTLM and the International Council for Standardization in Haematology (ICSH) recently held a two-day workshop to share information and to explore the potential for closer collaboration. The meeting was also attended by colleagues from Physikalische-Technische Bundesanstalt (PTB), Braunschweig, Germany, who have been developing reference measurement procedures for clinical haematology. The agenda for the meeting included:
- Reference material for haemiglobincyanide for blood haemoglobin measurement
- Recommended candidate reference measurement method for platelet counting
- Blood cell counting reference measurement methods listed in the JCTLM database (PTB)
- Total haemoglobin reference measurement method using an isotope dilution principle (PTB)
- Option appraisal for closer working between the key stakeholders in method standardization in haematology
All attendees agreed that the meeting had been a valuable opportunity to share information on current projects and to move towards a common approach to reference materials and reference methods in haematology. The dialogue will be continued in the autumn when JCTLM representatives will attend the ICSH General Assembly.